Discovered: 28th May 2004
Species Day: 28th May
Native Land: Unknown
The Yurble is a furry Neopet that walks on two legs, although it seems to be capable of dropping onto all fours to run. It is easily recognised by its large, fluffy mane and its unusual curled-up ears, as well as the fuzzy patches around its eyes and its very large nose. At around 40cm tall, it is a medium-sized Neopet.
Yurbles seem to be found all over Neopia. They are cheery creatures with large appetites, who like to tuck into all the tasty treats they can get their paws on. They also love the outdoors, and enjoy camping trips, explorations to new places, or just taking a healthy run through the grass and bushes.
The Yurble was introduced to the site on the 28th day of Hunting, Year Six (known outside Neopia as May 28th, 2004). They have stayed pretty much the same ever since their introduction, with only minor changes in artwork.
A Few Famous Yurbles
- The Angry Yurble, also known as the Foreman, Janitor and Librarian, is an unusually short-tempered member of his species. His irritability may contribute to his inability to keep a job for long-he's worked in Sakhmet, Brightvale and Altador over the years. His job as Hall of Heroes janitor, at least, seems to be a steady one; we suppose someone has to keep the place tidy.
- A Yurble in a tiki mask shows off his possibly formidable powers in Goparokko.
- The Yurbot (YRB-X1) was yet another of Dr. Sloth's attempts to create an artificially intelligent, programmable Neopet. It worked fairly well, but had a temperamental side. Sadly, the technology for the Yurbot was probably lost when the ship it was based on self-destructed.
- The Yurble Farmer is constantly having problems with slimy pests in Attack of the Slorgs. However, his methods for dealing with the problem are a little unconventional to say the least.
- Altador Cup fans have the chance to cheer for Yurble players Autrey Fulse (Team Haunted Woods, currently inactive) and Vere Polcinek (Team Moltara). Former Mystery Island goalie Yaniq Avaan has yet to be picked up by another side.
See More »