Year 16: 2014
- 1 new colour for Neopets
- 1 new colour for Petpets
- 1 new species discovered
- 6 events occurred
- Petpet Park and Habitarium were permanently shut down
- Neopets is purchased by JumpStart
- Neopets turns 15!
- 5th - TNT unofficially announces production of a Neopets mobile app via a poll to name it
- 22nd - Faerie Quests once again become a daily activity for the month of February
- 9th - The daily Faerie Quests end and quests return to being offered randomly
- 18th - TNT announces that Neopets is no longer owned by Nickelodeon Games, a subsidiary of Viacom
- 18th - Neopets is purchased by JumpStart
- 19th - Traditional Random Events disappear from the site and are replaced by garbled messages
- 20th - The Portal Activation Centre event officially begins
Don't mistake coincidence for fate...
What I saw... was beautiful.
- 8th - The Desert Diplomacy event begins
- 25th - The thieves in the Desert Diplomacy event are identified, and prizes are awarded
- 6th - The colour Picnic is announced for Petpets as a Lab-only colour
- 17th - TNT announces temporary downtime to aide the transition to the JumpStart servers
- 17th - The game affectionately known as Habitarium is taken off the site
- 17th - Petpet Park is permanently shut down following the transition to JumpStart
- 19th - Neopets opens back up after the downtime - a bit glitchy, but mostly intact! Users have survived the 2014 "Neopocalypse"
Guys...where are we?
- 6th - Exclusive prizes are made available to any user who had played Habitarium (including a special site theme!)
- 13th - The maximum Neopoint trade in the Trading Post is raised to 2,000,000 NP, and the Auction House maximum is raised to 50,000,000 NP
- 15th - The Ruki becomes Limited Edition
- 15th - A new pet, the "Vandagyre", is introduced to the site, officially completing the "Neopian Alphabet"
- 15th - Neopets can now receive a special present on their birthday
- 25th - The ninth annual Games Master Challenge begins
This page was written by noileh and last updated on March 3, 2021.