Species Day: 29th January
Native Land: Neopia Central
The cheerful Kacheek is a furry pet that walks on two small feet. It is well known for its friendly smile, as well as its pointed ears and fluffy tail. It is one of the smaller Neopets.
It seems that Kacheeks are rural pets by nature, liking to live in peaceful areas with plenty of grass and flowers. However, these days you will find some living in more urban regions like Neopia Central and Sakhmet. They are quietly friendly Neopets who prefer to avoid conflict if they can.
The Kacheek is one of Neopia's oldest species, having been discovered in the "prehistoric" time before Adam and Donna began keeping records of Neopian events. In those days, this pet was known as the Badeek. Its basic design has not changed that much over the years, although the earliest drawings unaccountably show it with three paws. Badeeks wore sunglasses perched on their noses, for reasons that have never been revealed.
The Badeek was renamed to the Kacheek in Year Two, and the sunglasses disappeared when the pet was redrawn. For several years now, the smiley Kacheek has been one of the most popular Neopets on the site.
- Kacheeks are said to be related to Poogles. While the two species are somewhat different, they do share their characteristic curved ears with pointed tips.
- The game Kacheek Seek was invented as a substitute for Pika Seek, a sponsor game that proved so popular that Neopians complained about its removal.
A Few Famous Kacheeks
- The Blue Kacheek Group are a popular band at the Tyrannian Concert Hall. As the name implies, the band is composed entirely of blue Kacheeks. Their shows seem to feature lots of colourful light effects and complex drumming rhythms.
- Eliv Thade is an anagram-obsessed undead Kacheek who lives (well, sort of lives) in a mansion in the Haunted Woods. He has a complex love-hate relationship with Gilly, the little Usul who managed to successfully escape from his clutches in the Castle of Eliv Thade game.
- Mr. Chuckles is an old circus clown who turned to criminal exploits when times turned hard. He was eventually defeated by the Defenders of Neopia, but not before getting the better of Judge Hog himself.
- Samrin, a humble herder of Petpets, stars in the Extreme Herder series, where he does his best to keep his flock out of the clutches of the evil Lupe Balthazar. Despite the stress of his job, it seems he's fulfilling a lifetime ambition.
- Altador Cup fans have the chance to cheer for Kacheek players Babolino (Team Faerieland) and Montecito (Team Brightvale).
See More »
This page was written by Dream and last updated on September 12, 2022.