Discovered: 7th June 2000
Species Day: 13th September
Native Land: Neopia Central
The Techo is a scaly Neopet that walks on two three-toed feet. It has a long, sturdy tail and very large eyes, positioned on either side of its head. It has markings on its face that contrast with the colour of its skin. It is a medium-sized Neopet.
Techos seem to originate in Neopia Central. They are laid-back creatures who never feel guilty about relaxing, and enjoy lazy days outside doing nothing. Most Techos do not get disheartened easily, and are the first to try and cheer up more morose friends with jokes and silly acts.
The Techo was first available to create on the 7th day of—quite appropriately—Relaxing, Year Two (known outside Neopia as June 7th, 2000). However, this is quite close to a number of other festivals, which may be why their species celebration was moved to the Month of Gathering. The basic design of the pet has not changed much over the years, but the first Techo drawings showed them as oddly serious-looking for such an easy-going pet. Later redraws rectified this, while still keeping almost all the pet's key features remarkably intact.
- Techo Says was the first Flash game ever to appear on the site. Remarkably, it's still around, having been brought back from the Game Graveyard by popular demand. However, you won't find it in the list of famous Techos above—the "Techo" in this game is a gaming table with a Techo's head carved into it!
A Few Famous Techos
- Alabaster Chesterdrawers is the proprietor of Chesterdrawers' Antiques in Neovia. He's probably most notable for his silly name, however.
- Bowe is one of the stars of the game Shenkuu River Rush. Alongside his friend Cassile, he makes the most of Shenkuu's stunning waterfalls and mountains on his riverboard.
- Bug Eye McGee fancies himself as a treasure-hunter, but in all honesty, this goggling Techo is a few Dubloons short of a treasure chest. He single-mindedly harasses his fellow Krawk Islanders for clues about where to find hoards of Neopoints and jewels.
- An unnamed Techo runs the Buzzer Game, and challenges visitors to show off their dexterity and concentration with the help of a hook on a wire.
- The finest Cheesemaker of Meridell is a Techo, producing all kinds of interesting cheeses. How many of them are fit to eat after being used in a rousing game of Cheeseroller is another matter.
See More »
This page was written by Dream and last updated on September 12, 2022.