Discovered: 21st February 2002
Species Day: 21st February
Native Land: Tyrannia
The Tonu has leathery skin and is a quadruped, meaning it walks on four legs. Its most notable features are the enormous ruff around its head, the horn sprouting from its nose, and its thick, sturdy legs. It has comparatively small ears and a tiny tufted tail. At about 70cm, it is a medium-sized Neopet.
Tonus are native to Tyrannia, where the warm climate helps nurture them in their eggs. They are boisterous Neopets who love running around and playing ball games, even if they knock things over in the process. They have large appetites, but may be tempted to overeat if not careful. Although they live in Tyrannia, Tonus are not at all keen on the national speciality, sun-baked omelette, and your best chance of creating one outside of pet festival days is to wait until there is absolutely none left in the whole country.
The Tonu was introduced to the site on the 21st day of Awakening, Year Four (known outside Neopia as February 21st, 2002). The basic design of the pet has not changed very much over the years, although today's Tonu appears a lot less timid than its earlier counterpart.
- All Tonu seem to be allergic to that most Neopian of fruits, the Negg. Eating Neggs, or Negg-based dishes, will give a Tonu a nasty dose of Neezles.
A Few Famous Tonus
- General Dacon is the commander of the army for Sakhmet City and reports directly to Princess Amira.
- Guildeford is a glittering socialite—literally, in the case of his shining golden mane—who hosted the Year 12 Style Showdown contest in Neopia Central. His taste in outfits is renowned, although the actual judging was done by the Neopets Team.
- The Pool Guard in Moltara does his best to stop the city's natural phenomena from becoming a stampeded tourist attraction. If you want to turn your pet Magma in the magical molten rock, you'll either have to wait for an opportune moment or convince the guard that you deserve it.
- Professor Hugo Fairweather is a keen researcher of all things ancient and archaeological. His dream is to lead a proper expedition to the so-called Lost Isle far out at sea. Unfortunately, the first attempt at such an exploration had to be called off when his companions were attacked by hordes of giant Petpetpets, but it seems unlikely that he will be discouraged after only one try. His daughter, Lilian, is also of an academic mind.
- Altador Cup fans can cheer for Tonu player Wila Benne (Team Tyrannia).
See More »
This page was written by Dream and last updated on May 2, 2019.